The Asterisk Development Team would like to announce the release of Asterisk 18.18.0.
The release artifacts are available for immediate download at
https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/releases/tag/18.18.0 and https://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk
This release resolves issues reported by the community and would have not been possible without your participation.
Change Log for Release 18.18.0
- Set up new ChangeLogs directory
- .github: Add AsteriskReleaser
- chan_pjsip: also return all codecs on empty re-INVITE for late offers
- cel: add local optimization begin event
- core: Cleanup gerrit and JIRA references. (#40)
- .github: Fix CherryPickTest to only run when it should
- .github: Fix reference to CHERRY_PICK_TESTING_IN_PROGRESS
- .github: Remove separate set labels step from new PR
- .github: Refactor CP progress and add new PR test progress
- res_pjsip: mediasec: Add Security-Client headers after 401
- .github: Add cherry-pick test progress labels
- LICENSE: Update link to trademark policy.
- chan_dahdi: Add dialmode option for FXS lines. (#36)
- .github: Update issue templates
- .github: Remove unnecessary parameter in CherryPickTest
- Initial GitHub PRs
- Initial GitHub Issue Templates
- pbx_dundi: Fix PJSIP endpoint configuration check.
- Revert “app_queue: periodic announcement configurable start time.”
- pbx_dundi: Add PJSIP support.
- res_pjsip_stir_shaken: Fix JSON field ordering and disallowed TN characters.
- install_prereq: Add Linux Mint support.
- chan_pjsip: fix music on hold continues after INVITE with replaces
- voicemail.conf: Fix incorrect comment about #include.
- app_queue: Fix minor xmldoc duplication and vagueness.
- test.c: Fix counting of tests and add 2 new tests
- loader.c: Minor module key check simplification.
- ael: Regenerate lexers and parsers.
- res_calendar: output busy state as part of show calendar.
- bridge_builtin_features: add beep via touch variable
- res_mixmonitor: MixMonitorMute by MixMonitor ID
- format_sln: add .slin as supported file extension
- app_queue: periodic announcement configurable start time.
- func_json: Fix JSON parsing issues.
- app_dial: Fix DTMF not relayed to caller on unanswered calls.
- make_version: Strip svn stuff and suppress ref HEAD errors
- configure: fix detection of re-entrant resolver functions
- cli: increase channel column width
- res_agi: RECORD FILE plays 2 beeps.
- app_senddtmf: Add SendFlash AMI action.
- contrib: rc.archlinux.asterisk uses invalid redirect.
- main/iostream.c: fix build with libressl
- res_http_media_cache: Introduce options and customize
cel: add local optimization begin event
The new AST_CEL_LOCAL_OPTIMIZE_BEGIN can be used by itself or in conert with the existing AST_CEL_LOCAL_OPTIMIZE to book-end local channel optimizaion.
chan_dahdi: Add dialmode option for FXS lines. (#36)
A “dialmode” option has been added which allows specifying, on a per-channel basis, what methods of subscriber dialing (pulse and/or tone) are permitted. Additionally, this can be changed on a channel at any point during a call using the CHANNEL function.
pbx_dundi: Add PJSIP support.
DUNDi now supports chan_pjsip. Outgoing calls using PJSIP require the pjsip_outgoing_endpoint option to be set in dundi.conf.
cli: increase channel column width
This change increases the display width on ‘core show channels’ amd ‘core show channels verbose’ For ‘core show channels’, the Channel name field is increased to 64 characters and the Location name field is increased to 32 characters. For ‘core show channels verbose’, the Channel name field is increased to 80 characters, the Context is increased to 24 characters and the Extension is increased to 24 characters.
app_senddtmf: Add SendFlash AMI action.
The SendFlash AMI action now allows sending a hook flash event on a channel.
res_http_media_cache: Introduce options and customize
The res_http_media_cache module now attempts to load configuration from the res_http_media_cache.conf file. The following options were added:
test.c: Fix counting of tests and add 2 new tests
The “tests” attribute of the “testsuite” element in the output XML now reflects only the tests actually requested to be executed instead of all the tests registered. The “failures” attribute was added to the “testsuite” element. Also added two new unit tests that just pass and fail to be used for testing CI itself.
res_mixmonitor: MixMonitorMute by MixMonitor ID
It is now possible to specify the MixMonitorID when calling the manager action: MixMonitorMute. This will allow an individual MixMonitor instance to be muted via ID. The MixMonitorID can be stored as a channel variable using the ‘i’ MixMonitor option and is returned upon creation if this option is used. As part of this change, if no MixMonitorID is specified in the manager action MixMonitorMute, Asterisk will set the mute flag on all MixMonitor audiohooks on the channel. Previous behavior would set the flag on the first MixMonitor audiohook found.
bridge_builtin_features: add beep via touch variable
Add optional touch variable : TOUCH_MIXMONITOR_BEEP(interval) Setting TOUCH_MIXMONITOR_BEEP/TOUCH_MONITOR_BEEP to a valid interval in seconds will result in a periodic beep being played to the monitored channel upon MixMontior/Monitor feature start. If an interval less than 5 seconds is specified, the interval will default to 5 seconds. If the value is set to an invalid interval, the default of 15 seconds will be used.
format_sln: add .slin as supported file extension
format_sln now recognizes ‘.slin’ as a valid file extension in addition to the existing ‘.sln’ and ‘.raw’.
cel: add local optimization begin event
The existing AST_CEL_LOCAL_OPTIMIZE can continue to be used as-is and the AST_CEL_LOCAL_OPTIMIZE_BEGIN event can be ignored if desired.
- #35: [New Feature]: chan_dahdi: Allow disabling pulse or tone dialing
- #39: [Bug]: Remove .gitreview from repository.
- #43: [Bug]: Link to trademark policy is no longer correct
- #48: [bug]: res_pjsip: Mediasec requires different headers on 401 response
- #52: [improvement]: Add local optimization begin cel event
For more details, see: